June Parata will be teaching beginner conversational Te Reo Maori over 7 weeks. These classes will include:
- Introducing yourself in Maori and ask someone else’s name.
- Asking and saying where you are from and where someone else is from.
- Asking what something is and saying what something is.
- Asking and saying how you are feeling.
- Understanding and basic ability to describe a person or object.
- Being aware of personal pronouns ie au (I), koe (you), ia (s/he).
- Increasing confidence with pronunciation of te reo Maori.
- Colloquialisms, proverbs, tikanga.
When: Thursday evenings, 23rd Feb to 6th April.
Time: 6pm to 8pm.
Cost: $10.00 for the course.
Where: Mokoia Community Association Hall.
This course will have a maximum of 12 students, so please ring 345 5971 promptly to book your space and fill out our enrolment form.